Angry [WTD] Onshore VPS
    Hi all, I have been lurking on WHT Australia for a while .. TBH I am more on the US WHT site

I already have an Australian VPS in Sydney but I am looking for a new provider due to what I believe is terrible support !
    Unfortunately I prepaid for a year The current vps has the following specs:

OpenVZ CPU 2000ghz Ram 4gb Swap Space 2gb Disk Space 200gb
    Bandwidth 200gb/month Included IPs 2 with Centos 5/Cpanel
    "managed" with daily off server backups

The disk space may be a little overkill as I went forthe biggest I could find to bring the $/mb down
    Checking useage for December shows BW used was actually around 2gb and disk useage is around 30gb.

I would prefer a provider who has VPS in sydney and maybe perth/brisbane so i can expand my services with the same provider over time. I would say around 50gb of HD space min 2gb ram with centos and 1 ip address. I can license cpanel seperately if needs be but you can quote me a price

When it comes to management it is not really needed, I signed up for the off server backups as my main backup space is in US and I didnt want to use the bandwidth In the last 6 months i would say i raised less than 6 tickets althoug i should have raised more and got the provider to fix problems i just did it myself
    I would like the new provider to handle initial hardening and account migration ... monitoring for problems like services going down would be nice but if its not an openvz massively oversold vps i dont think therewill be future issues

I am not averse to paying yearly but I may wish to try the server for a a couple of weeks/month prior to that due to the issues i have had with the current provider I may consider additional small VPS to run cpanel dns for clustering but the main VPS is the more pressing issue
    Last edited by ElyHost; 26-01-2012 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Forgot to add items

Registered Provider NetOrigin-Shaun's Avatar
    Re: [WTD] Onshore VPS
    Hello ElyHost,

We can offer you a Sydney VPS utilising KVM virtualisation which is hardware virtualisation. You are allocated dedicated resources such as disk space, RAM and CPU. Also all our VPS Hosting plans and custom VPS quotes are backed by our SLA. For your requirements, we can quote you:

4x Dedicated CPU Cores
    50GB Dedicated Disk Space
    50GB Premium Bandwidth
    2GB Guaranteed RAM
    CentOS
    SolusVM Control Panel
    Sydney Location
    99.95% Guaranteed Uptime

$79.95/month

I would like the new provider to handle initial hardening and account migration ... monitoring for problems like services going down would be nice but if its not an openvz massively oversold vps i dont think therewill be future issues
    If you purchase VPS Management ($20/month), we can have a System Admin secure your VPS and migrate accounts over.

Should you have any further questions or you would like to order this, feel free to send an email to sales@netorigin.com.au.

Regards,

Shaun
    Netorigin - Perth & Sydney Based Hosting
    99.9% Uptime Guaranteed
    █ 24/7 Customer Support
    Keeping Australian Businesses Online

Hi

I am sorry to hear about your problems and can propose one of our Australian Cloud servers which can be found at Fluccs Elastic - Australian Cloud Computing with Australian Cloud servers hourly and monthly

You can customise your VM with the exact resources you require

We can also provide initial hardening and monitoring of the services you request at an additional charge

Please feel free to give us a call to discuss your needs on 1300 fluccs (358227)

Best regards

Angus
    Fluccs Elastic - Australia's Managed Cloud - Australia's home of Cloud computing
    Monthly and PAYG Cloud servers and Virtual Private Clouds
    Queensland and Australian Federal Government approved Cloud Provider

Hi Ely,

We can offer you the following:

2Gb RAM (guaranteed with Xen)
    4 vCPU's
    40Gb disk space RAID 10
    100Gb bandwidth
    1 dedicated IP address
    $50/month

Wink Re: [WTD] Onshore VPS
    Thanks to those who have already posted offerings and I woill look throught your sites and check things out for a day or so in case other offers flood in

Quote Originally Posted by Albator View Post
    Hi

Please feel free to give us a call to discuss your needs on 1300 fluccs (358227)
    Thanks but I am not in the mood for the phone right now .. and i am not too sure what the time is over there .. our main base is in the UK

Unfortunately having a little drive by .. our budget wouldnt stretch to cloud hosting ..
    Last edited by ElyHost; 27-01-2012 at 07:21 PM. Reason: extra info

Well I have managed to find a reasonable VPS dea lin Sydney so my immediate requirements have changed .. I will consider adding more sizeable VPS in other locations in the future ..

I now wish to find some smaller VPS in datacentres outside sidney , they will need 1 ip address and 256mb ram ..

They will all be running cpanel dns only to form a small dns cluster..

That is unless someone here provides an "out of the box" DNS cluster of course

Interested in a VPS in Adelaide? I can help out if you want something really basic for DNS hosting and don't want to pay too much. You'd have to do everything with the CPanel installation yourself or we can quote separately on that.

We're half way between Sydney and Perth, kind of... Good for a cluster point anyway! ;-)

Thumbs up Re: [WTD] Onshore VPS
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransom IT View Post
    Interested in a VPS in Adelaide? I can help out if you want something really basic for DNS hosting and don't want to pay too much. You'd have to do everything with the CPanel installation yourself or we can quote separately on that.

We're half way between Sydney and Perth, kind of... Good for a cluster point anyway! ;-)
    Sounds useful
    Please drop me a PM with details fo the cost .. I can dea lwith the cpanel dns setup but I may have to hire some exra ram for the install .. as previous attempts of the install fail badly on low ram vps .. once its on its not much of an issue ..