Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Crazy Domains

Genius
    Your just so brilliant! I'm pleased we had this conversation. I am sure all who read this post will sign up with you.

Quote Originally Posted by goannadomains View Post
    whilst crazy domains tech support is crap...their network most certainly is not. Its fast and very reliable
    You must be using a different Crazy Domains to most of us. I'm a web designer/developer and, while I use my own server for most of my clients, one or two are hosted with CD, and trying to work with it is like pulling teeth. WordPress core updates don't happen because of memory issues and at times I've waited 5 minutes for a dashboard page to load.

its hosting packages are substantially larger and offered at very low prices few others can match
    As you mentioned before, you're new to selling on the web / IT so I'll explain how companies manage to provide the incredibly large offerings they do for low price they charge.

Part of it is simply economy of scale. You need to have a large customer base to be able to do this, but mostly it's due to overselling.

All shared hosting companies oversell resources but companies like CD seem take it to extremes. They rely on having a lot of small sites that won't require anywhere near the total resources their hosting package offers and for these 'set and forget' customers it's not a problem.

Larger companies that may use more resources will soon discover the limitations and start to contact technical support, at which point they'll get so disenchanted that they'll move to a host that will support them correctly as soon as is practical. CD will most likely consider this acceptable attenuation.

you pay peanuts, you get monkeys
    Totally...

In the end, every businesses web requirements are different, but anything that is mission critical should not be hosted on something that offers the world for a low low price!
    Last edited by seja; 16-12-2013 at 05:21 PM. Reason: added in "WordPress" in line about core updates

seja
    I must be Seja... Ph 1300 210 210 must be the wrong phone number can you give me the correct one please.. Also could you type in Crazy domains and look at all the posts on this site..I am sure crazy domains have its supporters but I'm afraid I am not one. Its good that you get looked after I am pleased for you and hope it continues. I don't need any more advice now as someone from has kindly contacted me and they now have my business and its all sorted..

Thumbs down Hedgehog
    I would stay right away from this company "Crazy Domains" they are criminals operating under a legitimate company in Australia scamming the local community. It will be one of the biggest mistakes of your lives.

Do not even think twice or even let some minor consideration cross your mind about using any services from this company. They also seem to have some sort of foothold in local courts within states in Australia, so trying to take legal action is a waste of time & money.

If you investigate the company carefully they are operating with offshore bank accounts and offshore business registration so when **** hits the fan one day, they can pack up and leave with no traces. Like a ghost company operating in Australia waiting for the right moment to scam Australians and flee.

Use your common sense and do not support this company in any way whats so ever, even registering a domain is supporting them, so please think carefully before you commit as you will 200% regret it.

There are plenty of other local Australian service providers just as competitive if not cheaper but most importantly have good quality services and products.

We would rate Crazy Domains a 1/10 overall score. BE WARNED!@!@@

Quote Originally Posted by local-citizen View Post
    I would stay right away from this company "Crazy Domains" they are criminals operating under a legitimate company in Australia scamming the local community. It will be one of the biggest mistakes of your lives.

Do not even think twice or even let some minor consideration cross your mind about using any services from this company. They also seem to have some sort of foothold in local courts within states in Australia, so trying to take legal action is a waste of time & money.

If you investigate the company carefully they are operating with offshore bank accounts and offshore business registration so when **** hits the fan one day, they can pack up and leave with no traces. Like a ghost company operating in Australia waiting for the right moment to scam Australians and flee.

Use your common sense and do not support this company in any way whats so ever, even registering a domain is supporting them, so please think carefully before you commit as you will 200% regret it.

There are plenty of other local Australian service providers just as competitive if not cheaper but most importantly have good quality services and products.

We would rate Crazy Domains a 1/10 overall score. BE WARNED!@!@@
    Firstly, if one thinks that just because a company is based in Australia one is safe from being scammed...one is a fool.

Second, i do agree with you in that they are far from perfect...i have had my fair share of issues with their technical support. Its useless...no question!

Having said that, have you read the complaints about Hostpapa lately...i reckon that out of the 50 i just read tonight...more than 40 gave it a rating of between 2&3 out of 5.
    Also, i have had godaddy as a host...absolutely great technical support...but horrible speed. One of my sites spent most of its time "timing out" (It was like that for over a year)In my situation I think the overselling you mentioned is more of the issue with godaddy than crazy domains. On the issue of trust however, i am leaning towards godaddy simply because i always get an American on the phone when after support. (i believe its an american company and im glad to have one of "their own citizens" on the other end of the phone)

At the end of the day, within reason, one gets what they pay for. If you want access to local Aussie tech support, one will expect to pay a noticably more for hosting than Hostpapa, godaddy, crazydomains, etc. There are some hosts here in Australia that charge well in excess of 500% more than crazy domains for hosting...whilst offering packages that are more than 50% less in size (eg bandwidth, webspace, email addresses, etc)

Whilst i am relatvely new to reselling, i have been in business for myself for 10 years. Prior to that i was a High School Teacher. In my time in business, i have come across a lot of people who simply will not learn from mistakes. They purchase basic hosting plans and then try to host a site that the plan is not designed for!

Quite frankly, im sick of hearing about people who purchase budget plans then complain about the lack of performance. I am not saying that you did this, however i wonder about some of the complaints i read. I would be interested to know exactly what hosting plans they purchased and what is being hosted on that plan!!!

well there we go...apparently none of the complainers is willing to put their packages apparently purchased through crazy domains on the table for all to scrutinize!

To be honest i wish that people would be more honest in their assessments of others businesses...if you dont like their tech support say so...dont then attempt to run hardware down as well. For a start, what data centres are being used by Crazy domains...their own...or a privately owned warehouse by an Aussie businessman trying to make a living. For all some of you know, you may very well be using the very same datacenters you are currently rubbishing!!!

i rest my case!!!

Rid of crazydomains
    To day I am rid of Crazydomains/Austdomains, they took my money $280 I never received anything , only deception, my personal name was registered without my knowledge, after complaining with one excuse after another they then told me I asked for the name to be registered their records show this, but I printed every email/ receipt all have the dates some from austdomains -crazydomains- etc., I will open a new website to collect complaint traffic. maybe this will make them sit up,

Registered Provider
    i think crazy domains must be the most talked about domain name seller in australia, every hosting forum i always see a thread about it near the top.
    i myself use crazy domains for some of my personal domain names.
    my experience is very mixed. sometimes they are good and quick to help me out but then sometimes they are not.
    one thing i did not like what they had a lowest price guarantee on their website. i found someone selling .com.au domain names for cheaper so i contacted them, and they said no they can not beat it. and they they took that guarantee off their website.
    in regards to web hosting, i know a fair few people who have been with them and never had any downtime monitored with pingdom ) but then others who have had heaps, so that is weird.

Thumbs down Crazy Domains VPS customer support (or lack there off)
    Quote Originally Posted by domain View Post
    I can only say one thing about these guys.
    STAY AWAY.
    If your looking to register a domain name and web hosting account, always go for a premium service and make sure the servers are actually in an Australian based Data Center.
    There advertising boasts $1 dollar registrations. Yeah yeah what a load of crap.
    What type of company uses Pam Anderson on there website.
    The domains look cheap. But once you register with them, you have no options to change anything at all. If you want to make your own DNS records that's when they sting you for the big bucks.
    And 99% of domain name owners need access to these settings and zone management.
    Cheap, Nasty and criminal service.
    You get what you pay for. Nothing.
    Always register your domain with a company that offers free DNS management.
    Crazy do not advertise on there site anything about free DNS management. That's because they don't have it.

What to complain about this post - Sorry its called freedom of speech.

Service Score 2/10
    I have been a customer of Crazy Domains for quite a number of years, having sites hosted on their shared server platform and the i would rate the customer support as 5 star number 1, the customer support i have dealt with. Unfortunately for me, I moved up to a Fully Managed VPS, and well to 100% honest, It is like a horror movie with me being the victim.
    If you unfortunate enough to have a problem on a friday afternoon, well you can pretty much guarantee no response from them until Monday or Tuesday and that only after a decent number of email to everyone complaining, you will get response with
    " Good day,

I do apologise for the late reply, and was not able to get back to you as soon as possible I was not on the office around that time I was on my day off."
    And then to get a Response from a complaint made to the complaints department, I was "reminded" that there response time is 24-48 hours.
    But in the email I received it say's 12-24 AND there open 24/7
    These people are a joke and my advice if you want a VPS go somewhere else, If you just have a single site or need shared server, there customer support is excellent
    Crazy Domains VPS customer support ZERO, nothing, they are the worst customer support i have ever experienced

Quote Originally Posted by Cobia101 View Post
    I have been a customer of Crazy Domains for quite a number of years, having sites hosted on their shared server platform and the i would rate the customer support as 5 star number 1, the customer support i have dealt with. Unfortunately for me, I moved up to a Fully Managed VPS, and well to 100% honest, It is like a horror movie with me being the victim.
    If you unfortunate enough to have a problem on a friday afternoon, well you can pretty much guarantee no response from them until Monday or Tuesday and that only after a decent number of email to everyone complaining, you will get response with
    " Good day,

I do apologise for the late reply, and was not able to get back to you as soon as possible I was not on the office around that time I was on my day off."
    And then to get a Response from a complaint made to the complaints department, I was "reminded" that there response time is 24-48 hours.
    But in the email I received it say's 12-24 AND there open 24/7
    These people are a joke and my advice if you want a VPS go somewhere else, If you just have a single site or need shared server, there customer support is excellent
    Crazy Domains VPS customer support ZERO, nothing, they are the worst customer support i have ever experienced
    What are you actually trying to host?
    Chances are you might actually get away with a decent business grade shared hosting plan rather then a cheap VPS.
    CPK Web Services
    The one solution
    Get in touch www.cpkws.com.au/contact.php

Crazy donains VPS NO customer support
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddy View Post
    What are you actually trying to host?
    Chances are you might actually get away with a decent business grade shared hosting plan rather then a cheap VPS.
    You could be right, but a shared hosting usually does not give you anywhere near enough data storage, making it an obligatorily needed addon. But the post was to do with Crazy Domains VPS customer service (or lack there of)

Quote Originally Posted by Cobia101 View Post
    You could be right, but a shared hosting usually does not give you anywhere near enough data storage, making it an obligatorily needed addon. But the post was to do with Crazy Domains VPS customer service (or lack there of)
    Most shared hosting plans actually come with more storage then you will ever need for a simple website.
    Especially the budget end of the market such as Crazy domains as they don't expect you to use all that storage.
    They also don't allow you to use that storage for things like backing up files etc.
    Without knowing more of what you are trying to host its hard to recommend a solution.
    CPK Web Services
    The one solution
    Get in touch www.cpkws.com.au/contact.php