Talking Joomla vs WordPress - hosting sites which is better to use!
    hi all,

I have used Joomla for a number of years and there as always been issues with Joomla implementation of WHMCS and other areas.

I notice a number of sites are now using WordPress and was curious to know the pro and cons of using WordPress as a web hoisting site?

Thanks in advance for your input.
    Team IT One
    Email: info@itone.net.au
    Mobile: 0431 871 781

Over the past few years we have seen large movements of people developing in WordPress over Joomla for both small and large websites.

A great example of a large site was white night which we hosted last month

http://www.micron21.com/whitenight/

Kindest Regards

James
    Outer East Melbourne Datacentre – Micron21 Pty Ltd
    Co Location – Dedicated Servers – Web Hosting – VMware Cloud Solutions – 24/7 Support
    Phone 1300 76 99 72 (Email) James@micron21.com
    www.micron21.com

Cool Interesting
    Quote Originally Posted by Micron21 View Post
    Over the past few years we have seen large movements of people developing in WordPress over Joomla for both small and large websites.

A great example of a large site was white night which we hosted last month

http://www.micron21.com/whitenight/

Kindest Regards

James
    thanks James, this is the same feeling I am getting. with people changing over I would have to assume Word Press is giving more options to the users.
    Team IT One
    Email: info@itone.net.au
    Mobile: 0431 871 781

WordPress is a very powerful CMS, whilst Joomla has a large following i think the early days of large "hacks" with Joomla turned people towards WordPress as the CMS of choice.

Kindest Regards

James
    Outer East Melbourne Datacentre – Micron21 Pty Ltd
    Co Location – Dedicated Servers – Web Hosting – VMware Cloud Solutions – 24/7 Support
    Phone 1300 76 99 72 (Email) James@micron21.com
    www.micron21.com

I would not use WordPress for anything but blog. However there are institutions and companies using it for they main websites. People like it because they have some form of control over it. I'd not say anything about Joomla, except that I have seen a lot of complaints about it within the lat 10 - 12 months. I don't know whether there's anything wrong with this popular CMS or not. 8 years ago, we used to have one of our European corporates websites on Joomla, but migrated it to a proprietary platform, to leave that one for MODx. Now if you ask me what I;d do, I'd go back to a simple HTML5, without any dynamic content

Other than that WordPress is a good choice.
    Host Color - AS46873 - https://www.hostcolor.com
    Colocation • Dedicated Hosting • Cloud Servers
    U.S. Data Center & Fully-redundant Juniper-managed Network
    24/7 Support ★★ 1-574-367-2393; Skype: HostColor

Quote Originally Posted by HostColor View Post
    I would not use WordPress for anything but blog. However there are institutions and companies using it for they main websites. People like it because they have some form of control over it. I'd not say anything about Joomla, except that I have seen a lot of complaints about it within the lat 10 - 12 months. I don't know whether there's anything wrong with this popular CMS or not. 8 years ago, we used to have one of our European corporates websites on Joomla, but migrated it to a proprietary platform, to leave that one for MODx. Now if you ask me what I;d do, I'd go back to a simple HTML5, without any dynamic content

Other than that WordPress is a good choice.
    I do a lot of small sites for small businesses. Sometime ago I went back to doing sites in HTML5. It's nice to not have to deal with the horrible editor in Wordpress. But, whenever I did a site in HTML the client would call about 6 months later and ask if the site was done in Wordpress and if he/she themselves could learn how to make changes themselves. In a few cases I had to redesign the site in Wordpress.

Love or hate it, Wordpress is now the industry standard. It seems that everyone has heard of Wordpress. No one has ever asked me about Joomla or any other CMS. Clients always ask about Wordpress and if I know the secret of adding keywords to the site to get them on the first page of Google. Both questions seem to go hand in hand.

Technical Representative
    Joomla vs Wordpress
    Another vote for Wordpress.

Wordpress I would recommend, easy setup process, powerful backend, variety of templates(free + commercial), wide range of plugins....

I think that Wordpress is the best choice in this case. It's more simple and customizable.