Australina Hosting Providers - Honestly Reviewed
    So i have asked a lot of questions on these forums over the years so felt like it was time i gave something back.

Due to moving all my clients onto Australian hosting based on different IP's recenty I have purchased VPS's and shared hosting on multiple hosts based out of Australia.

Here is a list of the hosts I work with and currently have multiple accounts on:
    CrazyDomain
    Zuver
    crucial.com.au
    VentraIP
    netorigin.com.au
    rackservers
    host365
    juicedstudios.com.au
    9web.com.au
    netlogisitcs

Shared Hosting:

So if your looking for reasonably priced shared Australian based hosting like under $50 these guys are all decent hosts (also added the yearly hosting cost, but this may already be out dated):
    Zuver (with a coupon i got my shared hosting for $4 for the first year)
    VentraIP ($54 owned by same company as zuver but slightly better servers for more money)
    netorigin.com.au $54
    rackservers $35
    host365 $23
    juicedstudios.com.au $25
    9web.com.au $24

However two of these companies stand out as top end service providers:
    VentraIP
    Netorigin.com.au

These two guys services are better than some hosting accounts i have that are 5 times the price e.g. netlogistics and crucial.

VPS Hosting:
    When it comes to VPS's again VentraIP and Netorigin.com.au have it covered. I have had a $1200 a year VPS with crucial hosting that was supposed to worth double that and in comparison to the $600 a year one I have with VentraIP (that i got for $300 for the first year) it is a total piece of rubbish, i split tested them both as they run almost the exact same degree of sites and in one instance the same site and the VentraIP server just totally creamed it. I also had some bad experienced with the crucial support staff, and some good ones (when it was simple stuff).

So yeah, i hope that helps some. I have no affiliation with these companies, hence why i didn't link to any of them. in fact I am about to cancel my accounts with both net logistics and crucial as its clear though there ok services, i can get a LOT more for the money.

if other have had conflicting experiences i would love to hear about it.

Cheers,
    Si

I have personally found crazydomains to be a bit dodgey, they employ poor business practices, almost deceiving. They list their domains as $1. Can you find a one dollar domain? It starts at $1, than by the time you add them registering it, and you signing in its suddenly normal price. They list their vps servers and other products for that matter, even shared hosting as $X, when really that's the 48 month price. Some small time website can't afford to pay 48 months up front. I understand why they charge more for monthly, but I think it should be more clear in their advertising.

Not Australian but I have used skynet Hosting before, they were great. Great fast service, although, their VPS are expensive. But for an international host, their good.
    Exigent are good, their vps plans are great value for a great price.

Personally, being one myself, I think for general shared hosting, people need to stick to the smaller business'. Unless of course the website is for a big business, but than who is using shared hosting when the website is for a big business, you can purchase a good vps cheap enough. Smaller business' tend to offer much more personalised service and go the extra mile for you. 99% of the time they use the same data centers anyway.

My Company uses the same data centers as most of the enterprise scale company's on here. We just stick to clients who need someone who is willing to travel to their office to explain in simple terms what they do and how they do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Casey View Post
    Some small time website can't afford to pay 48 months up front.
    Completely agree to all that was said about about Crazy Domains. I don't think it is about small websites affording to pay for 48 hours- I wouldn't even trust them to be around in 48 months!

I would recommend Servers Australia. We've got a reseller web hosting account with them and their support is great. We've also got a couple of VPS services and quite a few dedicated servers- all great stuff
    Last edited by javooooo; 06-05-2014 at 08:51 AM.

shh javooooo, don't drop numbers people might think your lying about 20 dedicated servers

P.S Thanks for plug

thansk javoo. will check out SA.
    And yeah was not reccommending Crazy domains in any way, there servers are not the best. THough their support for me was always pretty good. It was horrible about 2 years ago though.
    For the price i about $80 entry level hosting, there are way better solutions, im sure no one is going to them unless they just want to get their new domains and hosting in the same spot.

Quote Originally Posted by AusSi View Post
    here are way better solutions, im sure no one is going to them unless they just want to get their new domains and hosting in the same spot.
    Agreed. I think they have quite a lot of small business customers- I don't think anyone who has had the joy of using their services ever purchases from them again.

Zuver comes to mind as a great quality cheap service.

Quote Originally Posted by javooooo View Post
    Agreed. I think they have quite a lot of small business customers- I don't think anyone who has had the joy of using their services ever purchases from them again.

Zuver comes to mind as a great quality cheap service.
    Crazy Domains cater to a different market, a lot of small business owners don't consider their web presence to be very vital to their business so just go for the cheapest option they can find.
    The nice part is that those same business owners tend to shop around for a better option a year or two later.
    CPK Web Services
    The one solution
    Get in touch www.cpkws.com.au/contact-us.php

Hi AusSI,

Thanks very much for referring to us as a stand out top end provider. We put in a lot of time and effort in to making sure our service is great and our customers are happy.

And javooooo is right, Zuver does represent quality low cost services that are aimed squarely at a self service market. We did this on purpose and I promise it's part of a much bigger picture going forward.
    Cheyne Jonstone
    Executive Chairman
    http://www.ventraip.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by AusSi View Post
    thansk javoo. will check out SA.
    And yeah was not reccommending Crazy domains in any way, there servers are not the best. THough their support for me was always pretty good. It was horrible about 2 years ago though.
    For the price i about $80 entry level hosting, there are way better solutions, im sure no one is going to them unless they just want to get their new domains and hosting in the same spot.
    I understand, just thought i'd throw my 2 cents in. Good infromation for people landing here from google. I have noticed recently that this forum is far quieter than the Original WHT. More information means better chance of google landing here, gets the forum more active.

As I said before, for standard shared hosting when it comes to individuals or small busineess, a smaller web hosting company is probably the way to go. We use quality Australian servers and allocate a server closest to their target market. Someone like go daddy or crazydomains just put you on their current server with positions, they than become over allocated and congested.

Hi AusSi,

Thanks for the kind words, we always appreciate feedback from our customers!

I'll be sure to pass the kind words onto the team

Cheers,
    Blake
    Netorigin - Reliable Web Hosting
    99.9% Uptime Guaranteed
    █ 24/7 Customer Support
    Keeping Australian Businesses Online

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Casey View Post
    They list their domains as $1. Can you find a one dollar domain? It starts at $1, than by the time you add them registering it, and you signing in its suddenly normal price.
    If you look closely you will see it is $1 but not per year as you traditionally would expect its $1 per month making it $12 per year - never the less still a tad misleading.

Thanks for nice information about web hosting review and i like it host365.com. Good web hosting service provider in Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by ehsotingpk View Post
    Thanks for nice information about web hosting review and i like it host365.com. Good web hosting service provider in Australia.
    Looks like its hosted in the US, owned by a UK company.

I think he meant Australian Domain Hosting and Website Solutions | Host365
    their servers are located in Sydney, Australia.

Couldn't believe that there are still lots of shared hostings that are still on low cost. This is totally great. I could avail good hosting account Thanks a lot for this, it really help me a lot.