Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    best hosting for me?
    Hi

I want a hosting provider with good speed, mainly for visitors in Brisbane. Should I use a Brisbane hosting provider? Does it matter, much?

I will probably only run one or two sites on it, using Wordpress. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

David.

Hi David.
    No it does not really matter any east coast hosting provider will give you good speed.
    But it just so happens that our main web server is based in Brisbane.
    But all of our hosting plans give you free CDN bandwidth which will load your site from over 50 points of presence world wide.
    So if a visitor is loading your site from London it will be downloaded off a server in London etc.
    You can view our hosting options at CPK Web Services -hosting
    CPK Web Services
    The one solution
    Get in touch www.cpkws.com.au/contact.php

Sometimes overseas hosting is totally fine for small project. You may start from free like 000webhost.com in US and migrate to a paid one in Australia if really required.

It best to go with a server as close to the people who are visiting your site so it has good load time.

Quote Originally Posted by twostepsforward View Post
    Hi

I want a hosting provider with good speed, mainly for visitors in Brisbane. Should I use a Brisbane hosting provider? Does it matter, much?

I will probably only run one or two sites on it, using Wordpress. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

David.
    Hi,

OSIXGroup Australia provides web hosting in our Brisbane location. Quality, high speed hosting starting at $1.99 p/month. Our packages vary and can be tailored your requirments.

A Brisbane server would definitly benifit you over a more distant server. Although, Sydney or Melbourne would be very close behind.
    Last edited by Joel Casey; 26-06-2014 at 06:52 PM.

Sorry for the apparent thread hijack here...however I couldn't help but notice that it looks like CPK webservices built their website theme using Artisteer?

I have used that theme builder however, its got some significant coding standards issues and as such I am moving over to dreamweaver.

BTW...Chad, did you know about the 3rd party Artisteer plugin called Templateer?

It fixes that annoying and ongoing Artisteer developer stuff up saga whereby one can only have 1 single page template in your theme.(the Templateer plugin is worth the money if you are going to continue with Artisteer)

check it out at The Templateer 3.0

Or, if you like Chad...you could send me over your .artx theme file and i'll add some new Templateer page templates for you and send it back again...(for a small renumeration fee of course). It should only take me a few minutes to do!!!

Anyway...only added this because Chad advertised himself on the thread...and I thought I have a peek at what the competition are up too!!! (hehehe)

There are a few others of us who also are web developers and hosting providers too! ^_^

Cheers
    Adam
    Last edited by goannadomains; 13-07-2014 at 07:24 PM.
    BTW if you are one of those wankers who uses blocked, private, blacklisted, or unknown numbers...don't bother ringing me, my phone is set to hang up on you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by goannadomains View Post
    Sorry for the apparent thread hijack here...however I couldn't help but notice that it looks like CPK webservices built their website theme using Artisteer?
    Nope we don't use Templates every single line of code is custom.
    I've approved the new look CPK Web Services website over the weekend and so the new site should go live within the next day or three.
    I've got a graphic design team and a web development team now a days.
    I also run my own servers.
    You just resell Crazy Domains services through a turnkey website.
    I've been in this industry since 2009 and got my first client in 2008.
    Last edited by Chaddy; 13-07-2014 at 11:00 PM.
    CPK Web Services
    The one solution

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddy View Post
    Nope we don't use Templates every single line of code is custom.
    I've approved the new look CPK Web Services website over the weekend and so the new site should go live within the next day or three.
    I've got a graphic design team and a web development team now a days.
    I also run my own servers.
    You just resell Crazy Domains services through a turnkey website.
    I've been in this industry since 2009 and got my first client in 2008.
    Wasn't looking to upset you Chad...its just im an avid Artisteer user and can tell one of its themes a mile away (i know the program and its theme development quirks and lack of multiple page template capabilities extremely well)

I look forward to seeing your new theme it takes a lot of work to get something half decent up and running.

Will you be using WHMCS or are you sticking with the more personal approach of manually processing new/existing clients accounts?

Edit...
    I checked out your new website this morning. Nice I like it a lot!

(I have my answer on the WHMCS question)

Also, you have a broken link on http://www.karlbrandonassocates.com.au/

kind regards
    Adam
    Last edited by goannadomains; 17-07-2014 at 11:58 AM.
    BTW if you are one of those wankers who uses blocked, private, blacklisted, or unknown numbers...don't bother ringing me, my phone is set to hang up on you!!!

Wasn't looking to upset you Chad...its just im an avid Artisteer user and can tell one of its themes a mile away (i know the program and its theme development quirks and lack of multiple page template capabilities extremely well)

I look forward to seeing your new theme it takes a lot of work to get something half decent up and running.

Will you be using WHMCS or are you sticking with the more personal approach of manually processing new/existing clients accounts?

Edit...
    I checked out your new website this morning. Nice I like it a lot!

Also, you have a broken link on http://www.karlbrandonassocates.com.au/

kind regards
    Adam
    Hi Adam thanks for the feedback. I'll fix that broken link up shortly I already fixed a bunch of them last night.
    CPK Web Services
    The one solution

Doesn't really matter where you host in Australia so long as the hosting provider has a low latency connection to Internet. If your host is in Brisbane and most of your target audience is Brisbane based then it may make sense to keep it local.

It does matter however if you host overseas compared to Australia. The difference is not in quality of service but in SEO. A lot has changed with geographic preference etc. If you have a com.au domain and your target audience is Australians then host in Australia.

Hope this helps.

search about Simplex Webs

Digital Pacific Australian Web Hosting
    Digital Pacific cater for Australian websites with Sydney phone support.

I would suggest you have a look at our Sydney based web hosting plans starting at $6.44 per month.

All Internet service providers terminate in Sydney, so I would not be worried about which state you are in.

If this is for an existing website, we have website migration services. All of our plans come with one click installs to popular web building applications such as Wordpress.

If you would like to find out more feel free to email sales@digitalpacific.com.au

If you make keyword analysis to expect from where most of your visitors will be, and go for closer hosting provider, that will be helpful for ranking because of fast page loading, I think so... any ideas??
    A helpful articles about Hosting Security and Hosting SEO in http://www.hostingleak.com

Just to point out, our old site was never done on Whirdpress, we've never used it for any of our projects and frankly wouldn't use it for the majority of stuff. Its thrown together and bloted and Joomla is even werse.
    As I said we never use templates with any of our designs its all custom. We have a custom CMS for the majority of clients.
    CPK Web Services
    The one solution

Going back to your web hosting needs.

I suggest to check BeZazz, they have AU location that will be best for you. I've been using them before until my needs grow so big that I need more disk space than what BeZazz is offering. Up time is really good and wordpress will run so well too.