Question Virtual on Dedicated
    Can anyone suggest hosting options in australia for virtual servers on dedicated hardware.

I.e. we want a hosting company who will provide us with virtual servers, but want to block out the whole of the physical machines involved. (We don't want to competing for server resources with invisible others, or having to explain where we sometimes use resources heavily ourselves).

Need good pricing, and reasonably good uptime. If there are also assurances about having spare hardware reliably on hand, that's also good (particularly replacements for faulty drives, but also parts for upgrades or new servers).

I'm interested to hear from either hosting companies themselves or happy customers.

I doubt any provider will actually do that for you. You could just buy a dedicated server and do the virtualisation yourself.

Some questions:

• How many virtual machines do you need

• How many IP addresses do you need

• How much RAM, Disk and Bandwidth will you require?
    Last edited by NetVirtue; 15-10-2014 at 01:01 PM.
    Net Virtue Premium Hosting Solutions
    Web Hosting | VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers | Colocation | Domains |
    http://bgp.he.net/AS132680 Multi-homed Brocade powered network.

P: 1300 885 303
    E: sales@netvirtue.com.au
    W: https://netvirtue.com.au

thw
    With the power of Virtualization these days creating an abundance of disaster recovery solutions, running bare metal servers its almost pointless as the performance difference is almost nothing, however with Virtualization the hardware utilization can increase significantly.

Melb DC

Quote Originally Posted by mc0e View Post
    Can anyone suggest hosting options in australia for virtual servers on dedicated hardware.

I.e. we want a hosting company who will provide us with virtual servers, but want to block out the whole of the physical machines involved. (We don't want to competing for server resources with invisible others, or having to explain where we sometimes use resources heavily ourselves).

Need good pricing, and reasonably good uptime. If there are also assurances about having spare hardware reliably on hand, that's also good (particularly replacements for faulty drives, but also parts for upgrades or new servers).

I'm interested to hear from either hosting companies themselves or happy customers.
    Micron21 www.micron21.com.au
    CPK Web Services
    The one solution
    Get in touch www.cpkws.com.au/contact.php

Benefits of Dedicated
    At Digital Pacific we do both virtual and dedicated, and dedicated virtual.

There are plenty of reasons to opt for virtual on dedicated, I mean the very reason why there are cloud providers in the first place is because they have- virtual on dedicated?

What if someone wants to be their OWN cloud? sure beats sharing someone else's.

Yes, if your a company wanting to leverage a cloud for applications, business continuity, etc it's just fine. But if your a player trying to make your own cloud, or a government agency trying to comply with web server security standards, or have confidential data which requires a single tenant environment- how could you not say virtual on dedicated is required?

I remember a customer telling me they moved their application over from AWS to a dedicated server with us because the disk/write speeds were not desirable. They were getting 180ms. The dedicated server running SSD's dropped this to a very nice 4ms. And it was cheaper.
    Last edited by SAM-DIGIPAC; 17-11-2014 at 10:36 AM.

^^ 100% Spot on Sam, the digital pacific boys have explained it very well.

We have recently been deploying Hybrid Dedicated Servers ourselves which is basically a visualization layer over the top of dedicated server with distributed storage for high availability. All resources are assigned to the instance that is running on the dedicated server but the end user also has the ability to scale the dedicated resources up and down.

Its interesting that you mention AWS, because a lot of people, particularly newbies think its exactly what they need, being in the cloud and all that.
    But all of their load balancers are software based, which means if they have an issue with the software all your redundancy goes out the window.
    Its also unmanaged and quite complex, due to the amount of tools they have, so you need to be experienced in Linux servers before you can use it.
    In most cases an ordinary VDS, will do the job just fine, especially if you use the A10 hardware based load balancers, in a proper configuration with some redundancy built in.
    CPK Web Services
    The one solution
    Get in touch www.cpkws.com.au/contact.php

asp.net webhosting expert
    i think the use of cloud server will be more beneficial to you

like Amazon aws
    Reliable Windows Hosting in Australia from http://www.ASPWebhosting.com.au
    ▓ Australian owned asp.net Web Hosting and Sharepoint Hosting
    █ with Daily Backups, 24/7 support, ASP.net 4.5 PHP 5 hosted on windows 2012.

I've used Acure recently was quite impressed and their service is great.