Adding a Secure cert fr Cpanel etc
    Hi guys, a more general question

We currently run a VPS which has quite a few cpanel accounts, mostly all of ours but also a few client sites.

With our current provider (whom will not be named for the purpose of this question) when you go to log into a cpanel account you are greeted by the security warning that says that the site cannot be verified, basically there is no secure certificate but the url still uses https (usually in chrome it is crossed out).

Now I'd like to get a secure cert for the main account for my VPS so that that warning is not there anymore and the site is verified.

What I want to know is can I get a single secure cert for all the cpanel accounts on the VPS or do I need to get one for each account? If a single cert can be used can you briefly describe how that is done, as my provider is saying we need a cert for each and every account which seems a tad over the top.

Likewise can that cert be shared with all accounts for ecommerce? I do remember years ago when I started out that I used a shared cert with that host, so how do I get that to work?

Thanks all

G

As far as I am aware, you can only install one certificate for cPanel/WHM and that will usually be the server's hostname. It will get rid of the security alert when people visit cPanel or WHM on the hostname.
    Karthick Rajendran
    Net Logistics Web Hosting

Registered Provider NetOrigin-Shaun's Avatar
    My recommendation would be to purchase a wildcard SSL certificate for the server's hostname and then use that to secure cPanel's services such as WHM, Webmail, Exim/Dovecot, FTP and etc.
    Netorigin - Perth & Sydney Based Hosting
    99.9% Uptime Guaranteed
    █ 24/7 Customer Support
    Keeping Australian Businesses Online

Crucial Cloud Hosting ross-crucial's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NetOrigin-Shaun View Post
    My recommendation would be to purchase a wildcard SSL certificate for the server's hostname and then use that to secure cPanel's services such as WHM, Webmail, Exim/Dovecot, FTP and etc.
    What Shaun said. Wildcard certificate makes this nice and easy, and can be used on other servers in the future if you use a similar main domain across your fleet.

Thanks guys for your info that helps