'Zend Optimizer not installed' error when it is
    Hello,

I have an older version of modernbill which has all my customers data. It was working fine until this week when all of a sudden it starts throwing up the error message that 'Zend Optimizer not installed'

Running a phpinfo file in the same directory as modernbill shows that Zend Optimizer is installed, & appears to be working properly:
    -------------------------------
    This program makes use of the Zend Scripting Language Engine:
    Zend Engine v2.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2010 Zend Technologies
    with Zend Optimizer v3.3.9, Copyright (c) 1998-2009, by Zend Technologies
    -------------------------------
    The server runs PHP Version 5.2.17

Nothing on the server has changed in the last month, nothing in the modernbill script has been changed, & another installation of modernbill on the same server has also ceased to function with the same error.

Does anybody have any ideas what the solution to this could be? I need this to work or I cant access my customers data. The web host has looked at the server & cannot find where the problem is.

Taking the assumption that you are running the server off VPS/Dedi;
    Backup you phpini file, and run /scripts/phpini to reset back to default.
    Followed by installing Zend Optimiser "/scripts/phpextensionmgr install Zendopt"

If you were to also run 'php -v', Zend Optimizer is NOT in the output, Zend Optimizer is not installed

Thanks for the info, but I had already done what you suggested, & it hasnt solved the problem unfortunately :-(

Zend Optimizer is definately installed, however Modernbill seems to think it isnt for some reason.

Is it possible for you to swap over and use IonCube until you are able to fix up Zend?

It is an older version of Modernbill (version 4.x) so dont know if the ioncube version is still available.

I just transferred the installation to a different server, & am still getting the same error message, so it seems it is not a server problem, but a problem with the script. The files have not been touched since 2008, so cant figure out why they would suddenly stop working. This is with both installations of Modernbill, so it also cant be a file corruption problem. How could they both get corrupted at the same time?

I am wondering if there was a time bomb in the code, which disabled it after a certain date.

Sorry, I can't be of any more assistance, I've never used 'Modern Bill', only ever have used WHMCS & BoxBilling(Free Billing Software)