some mac mail users get locked out of cpanel server
    Hoping someone might be able to help me with an issue that some of my customers that use mac mail have. This server is running cpanel, csf firewall and cphulk

The customer can send and receive email without problems then for no apparent reason they get locked out of the server, the logs show failed login attempts hence the IP being blocked.

I unblock them and then a day or a week later they are blocked again. They assure me that they have made no changes to their mail configuration.
    This only seems to happen to some users of mac mail(usually the same ones). The first inkling they have is when they are prompted to enter their password when checking mail.

I'm thinking this maybe an issue with mac mai has anyone else experienced and corrected this issue server side? It's not practical or secure for me to continually white list ip addresses.
    Thanks in advance

I can empathise
    Yes I've experienced that before. In my case the client was entering the wrong password each time that mac mail prompted them for it. The result was that the server blocked them after a while, because it saw them as trying to brute force the password. We had to increase the password attempt limit to stop them getting blacklisted.

But the underlying root cause of the issue is what was causing the password prompt box to appear over and over again. From memory it was the port / SSL combination. Mac mail kept defaulting the SSL box to be unticked, when it had to be ticked.

Quote Originally Posted by GavThomas15 View Post
    Yes I've experienced that before. In my case the client was entering the wrong password each time that mac mail prompted them for it. The result was that the server blocked them after a while, because it saw them as trying to brute force the password. We had to increase the password attempt limit to stop them getting blacklisted.

But the underlying root cause of the issue is what was causing the password prompt box to appear over and over again. From memory it was the port / SSL combination. Mac mail kept defaulting the SSL box to be unticked, when it had to be ticked.
    The easierst way around this is to whitelist the users IP in CSF.
    And Whitelist the IP in CP Hulk as well, it helps if the user has a static IP.
    But really you should just make sure the client is using the correct password in the first place, as using the incorrect password will cause the system to not authentercate the users details correctly in the first place.
    CPK Web Services
    The one solution
    Get in touch www.cpkws.com.au/contact.php