Aus Net Servers Australia
    Whirlpool / Wingepool
    I see that Whirlpool is going backwards fast. The site is riddled with trolls and the moderators are power hungry and corrupt and the owner (Simon) is MIA... Makes you wonder?.

After a lengthy thread was created about my company and the OP claimed he tried to make contact with me (which he didnt) before going to WP to address some website security vulnerabilities with my website that where not even vulnerabilities had they done their research but instead they (the trolls) decided to spread false information and defamatory comments as well as hijack the thread at every chance they got.

And the moderators well they are letting the trolls break the law and are turning a blind eye. In my TWAM conversations they blamed me and all me for the thread.

So my question is, is it just me or have other people had issues like this with WP, and when they tried to bring it to the attention of the moderators the moderators where not interested or played favorites.

Needless to see i asked them to ban my profile after they punished me for no reason, refused to hear me out and closed off all my TWAM convos and wouldnt allow me to open a new one.

I am just interested to hear if anyone else has had the same sort of experience?
    Last edited by ANSASERVERS; 15-02-2015 at 02:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ANSASERVERS View Post
    After a lengthy thread was created about my company and the OP claimed he tried to make contact with me (which he didnt)
    Perhaps you missed my reply to this incorrect claim over there, so allow me to repeat it here :

Oh but I did [attempt to contact you first].

Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 19:19:40 -0800
    To: ANSA SERVERS <info@ausnetservers.net.au>
    Message-ID: <CACnPsNWiY_+R3rBTOptToD4GMSwccUqvwPf5odyKkBMMCE3sVQ@mail.gmail.com>

And you know I did, because you replied :

Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 03:48:55 +0000
    Message-ID: <4B5E863F12AF3A48B7ACE3DE2B228B904437A31F@EXCHANGE-3.ANSA.WAN>

Not just once, but twice :

Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 03:53:33 +0000
    Message-ID: <4B5E863F12AF3A48B7ACE3DE2B228B904437A32B@EXCHANGE-3.ANSA.WAN>

In order to jog your memory, allow me to quote some of your message :

On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 7:48 PM, ANSA SERVERS <info@ausnetservers.net.au> wrote:
    I couldn’t give to flying rats asses what you do. Keeping in mind should you do anything illegal which includes slander my company you will feel the full force of the law.
    I have also just placed a blacklist on your mail server to prevent you from contacting me again.
    Specifically you can see the reference to "slander", a term you seem to still be incorrectly using (Slander is, by definition, spoken. What you really mean is Libel which is written – but I'm sure your solicitor knew that)

You also suggest that I should :

Post what you like to whirlpool, web hosting talk etc I couldn’t care less. I have no time for spiteful jealous pricks like yourself
    and that I should :

Do bother replying because I wont be able to read it.
    Ring any bells now? The domain the email came from even has "doc" in it, just like my nick, so you shouldn't have had too much trouble putting two and two together.

Matthew, you can claim whatever you want about your pointless little business, but the moment you accuse me of lying we're going to have a problem...

Hi Doc,

Your email was received well after the the thread was opened. At no time did you use the correct means of contact or in fact do your own research to confirm your facts before posting such outrageous untrue claims, eg seeing if the software that had bugs was on the same server as our web hosting clients, which it wasnt.

As i said in my reply that was moderated as a personal attack, more like a cowardly coverup of the truth by the moderators, there never was a security risk, the script was on a VPS server as we knew it had vulnerabilities .

Admittedly it should have been removed from the network and the links removed with it.

I am not calling you a liar, and i am sorry you think i am. I am just stating how corrupt and childish whirlpool has gotten.. For issues like yours there is a webmaster email address that is monitored by the webmaster and myself, not the email address for AusNog.

I do not condemn the reply i sent, but as i said you in a reply on WP that was once again moderated as "pointless", i thought that email was from a troll on AusNog not WP. The same trolls on Ausnog seem to be on WP by the looks of it. All words and no substance.

So much so a veteran member such as myself has asked to be banned and left the site, as its now become a legal matter with our solicitor. WP moderators had more then one chance to bring the thread to a close and failed at their duty of care for me and the general public. They let the trolls attempt to pick my business apart.

In any means our business will carry on regardless. We have received alot of encouraging support from the general public via support tickets and phone calls.
    Last edited by ANSASERVERS; 15-02-2015 at 12:59 PM.

Hi Doc,

Your email was received well after the the thread was opened.
    The timestamps say otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Bendweb View Post
    The timestamps say otherwise.
    I meant the email was not read until after the thread had started and was very vague on where it came from. There was a correct channel to follow for thee sorts of issues that was not followed. That is all i am saying on the previous matter.

Your email was received well after the the thread was opened.
    As per the email headers above, that email was sent at :
    Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 19:19:40 -0800

And your replies were sent at :
    Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 03:48:55 +0000 and
    Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 03:53:33 +0000

Allowing for timezones, all three were on December 19, 2014.

The Whirlpool thread was started on December 20, 2014.

Where I come from, 19 is a smaller number than 20, implying the emails occurred *before* the whirlpool thread.

At no time did you use the correct means of contact
    As per my statements on Whirlpool, and as confirmed by countless other people, that's because your "Contact us" form was broken. The only way I would have known that is if I had tried to use it to contact you, and failed.

However a clueful admin is going to take reports of a security vulnerability over any channel, not ignore them because they go to the "correct means of contact".

or in fact do your own research to confirm your facts before posting such outrageous untrue claims, eg seeing if the software that had bugs was on the same server as our web hosting clients, which it wasnt.
    You had, as I believe it, a vulnerable server on your network that allowed a remote attacker anywhere in the world full command-line access (and potentially also root access), and you are suggesting that I should not has reported it to you before I confirmed what else was on that system?

I am not calling you a liar
    Yes, you are. You have outright stated, now on multiple forums, that "OP claimed he tried to make contact with me (which he didnt)", which is clearly incorrect. I see no other way to read that than you calling me a liar.

I meant the email was not read until after the thread had started and was very vague on where it came from.
    So you replied to it, twice, without reading it?

You also went to the steps of (apparently) blocking further mail from me, without reading it?

Seriously man, keep digging. Eventually you'll make it to China.

Quote Originally Posted by doc View Post
    As per my statements on Whirlpool, and as confirmed by countless other people, that's because your "Contact us" form was broken. The only way I would have known that is if I had tried to use it to contact you, and failed.
    The Contact form may have been malfunctioning but you where still able to lodge a ticket from it. furthermore there was email addresses on the same page and phone numbers that you could of rang. Instead you choose to post here say information on Whirlpool. But again i am not discussing the previous thread on whirlpool i am looking to see if there is anyone else that has had issues with the trolls, and the moderators choosing which parts of the law they wanted to abide by

You also went to the steps of (apparently) blocking further mail from me, without reading it?
    Yes because you where emailing an Ausnog email address to which the same people where already trolling. Had you followed the CORRECT and normal procedure then this wouldn't of happened. There is no point trying to attack me personally for your inactions.

Lastly, you chose to publish that thread on whirlpool, rather then seeking alternate means of contact. (phone, live chat, eticket etc) Your attitude alone on this thread speaks wonders about your deliberate attempt to cause damage.

As there is a legal investigation into this matter I wont be commenting any further about the whirlpool post. Should you wish to discuss it there is a correct channel, in public isnt the one.
    Last edited by ANSASERVERS; 15-02-2015 at 01:38 PM.

Yes because you where emailing an Ausnog email address
    As per the headers above, I was emailing "info@ausnetservers.net.au", which is also the address that replied - no mention of AusNOG anywhere in there as far as I can see.

As there is a legal investigation into this matter I wont be commenting any further about the whirlpool post.
    YOU started this thread, specifically about Whirlpool, less than 12 hours ago. You did that whilst there was a legal investigation going on? That seems like a very bad idea on your behalf...

Should you wish to discuss it there is a correct channel, in public isnt the one.
    What would that be, given that on the 19th of December you claimed to have "also just placed a blacklist on [my] mail server to prevent [me] from contacting [you] again." ?
    Last edited by doc; 15-02-2015 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by doc View Post
    What would that be, given that on the 19th of December you claimed to have "also just placed a blacklist on [my] mail server to prevent [me] from contacting [you] again." ?
    Your email address has been removed from the blacklist.

As I've just seen the thread on Whirlpool, I must say these few things.

As Whirlpool is a respected forum, in many IT circles, I must say that the only reason things went sour for you is because you were in the wrong.

Doc wasn't wrong in posting his concerns, especially since he emailed them to you first.

Secondly, the manner in which you treated him and all subsequent posters is probably the reason why everybody jumped down your throat.

It's no wonder why AusNOG, Whirlpool and eventually WHT will come to despise you.

You apparently dislike whirlpool so much you'll sign up with a fake account... Says a lot doesn't it James?