On demand support for Amazon EC2 / AWS ?
    Last year we moved from a small shared web host to Amazon EC2 for our eCommerce site.

Whilst Amazon AWS is meeting our requirements from a performance point of view it is entirely managed in-house just by myself. Which is all fine and dandy until something goes wrong outside of business hours and I don't have immediate access to a computer.

We are far from enterprise level and in terms of traffic and ecommerce sales you would put us in the small business category. I don't really want to switch back to a managed solution somewhere if it can be avoided (who likes moving hosts???) - I love the flexibility and control I currently have with AWS (and it works!).

I contacted an IT company today for IT support and they quoted me $4k+ per month to look after us. Well.... we currently spend less than 5% of that for all our hosting fees (hosting, DNS, etc etc with AWS) and it's not in our budget. Mind you that was for enterprise level and we don't need that just yet.

Can anybody suggest a solution or company that we can call upon if our server goes down on the weekend that can restart the server or fix a corrupt MySQL table or whatever?

Howdy, have you looked into bobcares.com ? Maybe something like that?
    Robert K.
    █ SpiderWeb Hosting Pty Ltd
    Domains & Hosted Services
    https://spiderhosting.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderHosting View Post
    Howdy, have you looked into bobcares.com ? Maybe something like that?
    Thanks. I've contacted them for pricing.

I had forgotten about Amazon Premium Support. Looking at Amazon Business Support might do the trick for us. At $100/month the price range is more in the realms of reality for us.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanH View Post
    Thanks. I've contacted them for pricing.

I had forgotten about Amazon Premium Support. Looking at Amazon Business Support might do the trick for us. At $100/month the price range is more in the realms of reality for us.
    We offer fully managed services and can look after a businesses web presence from the concept right through to deployment.
    We run our own servers though and host all customers ourselves.
    But as a bit of general advice make sure that you know exactly what your getting with managed services, a lot of places that offer management will not delve into your code and fix things as an example, or they won't include backups, silly things like that.
    The types of things that you expect to be in a managed plan are not always included.
    CPK Web Services
    The one solution
    Get in touch www.cpkws.com.au/contact.php

Quote Originally Posted by SeanH View Post
    Last year we moved from a small shared web host to Amazon EC2 for our eCommerce site.

Whilst Amazon AWS is meeting our requirements from a performance point of view it is entirely managed in-house just by myself. Which is all fine and dandy until something goes wrong outside of business hours and I don't have immediate access to a computer.

We are far from enterprise level and in terms of traffic and ecommerce sales you would put us in the small business category. I don't really want to switch back to a managed solution somewhere if it can be avoided (who likes moving hosts???) - I love the flexibility and control I currently have with AWS (and it works!).

I contacted an IT company today for IT support and they quoted me $4k+ per month to look after us. Well.... we currently spend less than 5% of that for all our hosting fees (hosting, DNS, etc etc with AWS) and it's not in our budget. Mind you that was for enterprise level and we don't need that just yet.

Can anybody suggest a solution or company that we can call upon if our server goes down on the weekend that can restart the server or fix a corrupt MySQL table or whatever?
    Bit odd to be vouching for people that I used to work for, but Bulletproof Networks actually has a really good monitoring system coupled with a really good team of engineers.

I would recommend giving their sales line a call, explaining your situation and seeing how much they will charge.

They also specialize in Hosted AWS plans and - when I worked there - had managed AWS plans for people who don't want to pay $4k/month just to maybe switched a light on once in a while.

Here's their website: Bulletproof | Managed Cloud Hosting | AWS & VMware

Edit: Just realized this post is a few months old. God this forums slow sometimes lol
    Hopefully you found a company that checked all your boxes! Mind letting us know who you went for?
    Last edited by Jacob; 29-06-2015 at 05:59 PM.