Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Difference Between Windows And Linux Hosting
    please clear all point about these hosting

  2. #2
    Australian Cloud Provider CloudWired's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by nehapl2015 View Post
    please clear all point about these hosting
    I'm surprised that being a web host yourself, you do not know the difference between these 2 types of web hosting.

    Generally Linux is the preferred choice as it can be more efficient.
    The only circumstances in which you would use Windows are for running applications such as:
    ASP.NET, MSSQL, Ms Access, C# etc.

    Many applications and websites require certain scripts or Apache module which can only run on Linux.
    There isn't really much else to it.

  3. #3
    Difference Between Windows And Linux Hosting
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudWired View Post
    I'm surprised that being a web host yourself, you do not know the difference between these 2 types of web hosting.

    Generally Linux is the preferred choice as it can be more efficient.
    The only circumstances in which you would use Windows are for running applications such as:
    ASP.NET, MSSQL, Ms Access, C# etc.

    Many applications and websites require certain scripts or Apache module which can only run on Linux.
    There isn't really much else to it.

    Don't be surprise in some time we don't know all points.
    Thanks for taking interest .

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    24
    Post Windows Vs Linux Hosting - Main Difference
    The main difference is the operating system which is responsible for executing scripts and databases. In other words: Linux and Windows are using different script and database languages. Windows has a big advantage when you want to add special Windows applications to your website. Some of them are Active Server Pages (ASP), .NET script languages, Visual Basic or using Microsoft SQL databases (Access).

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    4
    Windows and Linux hosting
    Hi
    Difference Windows and Linux Hosting
    windows support php mysql ms-sql database asp.net, Linux only php mysql does not support asp ms-sql, linux is more secure,

    Windows Linux

    HTML & Java Script yes yes
    FrontPage Extensions yes yes
    CGI/Perl Limited yes
    ASP yes Limited
    PHP Limited Yes
    ColdFusion yes yes
    Access Database yes yes


    MySQL Database yes yes

    first i am also confuse windows and linux hosting, after i found host website and search differece b/w windows and linux clearly understand give below link you get more information

    https://www.onerupeehosting.com/prod...cloud_hosting/

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Janci View Post
    The main difference is the operating system which is responsible for executing scripts and databases. In other words: Linux and Windows are using different script and database languages. Windows has a big advantage when you want to add special Windows applications to your website. Some of them are Active Server Pages (ASP), .NET script languages, Visual Basic or using Microsoft SQL databases (Access).


    Thanks, well said. I agree with you.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudWired View Post
    I'm surprised that being a web host yourself, you do not know the difference between these 2 types of web hosting.

    Generally Linux is the preferred choice as it can be more efficient.
    The only circumstances in which you would use Windows are for running applications such as:
    ASP.NET, MSSQL, Ms Access, C# etc.

    Many applications and websites require certain scripts or Apache module which can only run on Linux.
    There isn't really much else to it.
    I think this guy deserves a medal

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by newyweb View Post
    I think this guy deserves a medal
    really, this guy deserve medal ? He dont even know the basic difference

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    24
    Linux and Windows are two different types of operating systems.

    Linux is more secure than Windows. Linux also has more of the features web designers expect, so unless you have websites which need specific Windows applications, Linux is the preferred choice.

    Windows applications which require a Windows server:
    ASP.NET
    MSSQL
    MS Access

    One other difference is that Linux files are case-sensitive.
    Example:
    On a Linux server, aboutus.html and AboutUs.html are
    different names.

  10. #10
    Registered Provider Exigent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    717
    Quote Originally Posted by Janci View Post
    Windows applications which require a Windows server:
    ASP.NET
    MSSQL
    MS Access
    Not specifically just these. You can run Apache on Windows Servers along with PHP & MySQL but it's suggested that you run these servers on Linux servers rather then Windows.

    The advantage to using Windows over Linux is that you can run PHP & MySQL on it while still being able to code in ASP.
    www.exigent.com.au :: sales@exigent.com.au :: 1300 252 080
    Cloud Hosting :: Elastic Servers :: Hosted Exchange & Desktops :: Dedicated Servers :: Colocation

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1
    Linux and Windows are two different types of operating systems. Linux is more secure and more efficient than Windows. Linux also has more of the features web designers expect, so unless you have websites which need specific Windows applications, Linux is the preferred choice.

    One other difference is that Linux files are case-sensitive and Windows files are not.

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    Linux and Windows are two different types of operating systems. Linux is more secure and more efficient than Windows. Linux also has more of the features web designers expect, so unless you have websites which need specific Windows applications, Linux is the preferred choice.

    One other difference is that Linux files are case-sensitive and Windows files are not.
    What a concise and straightforward explanation. Very helpful! I've been using Windows as I thought it's more secure and efficient. I never tried Linux.

    Thanks Vince!

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    31
    Recently moved to linux from Windows, although have not completely left windows but i should say has been an amazing experience. With the recent cyber attack my windows pc was affected but not the linux one. Much more secure than windows.

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by JackPa View Post
    Recently moved to linux from Windows, although have not completely left windows but i should say has been an amazing experience. With the recent cyber attack my windows pc was affected but not the linux one. Much more secure than windows.
    Yes, I've heard a lot of good feedback about Linux, like it's really more secure than Windows. I'm still using Windows though but will definitely try Linux.

Similar Threads

  1. Explain the difference Between Dedicated hosting and shared web hosting services?
    By domains4gulf in forum Programming and Web Development
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-07-2013, 04:37 PM
  2. The difference between Shared and VPS hosting
    By Netshop-Isp in forum Web Hosting Australia
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 13-01-2011, 10:39 PM
  3. Windows and Linux Quality Web Hosting - From $5 Month
    By toxicdav3 in forum International Offers (LINK)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-08-2009, 09:09 PM
  4. CPanel, Plesk, Linux, Windows, .COM.AU Domains, Discounted Hosting, Hosting, Hosting
    By CoffeeCoder in forum Australian Shared Web Hosting Offers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-07-2006, 05:05 PM
  5. Budget Linux & Windows Hosting
    By CoffeeCoder in forum Australian Shared Web Hosting Offers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 18-04-2006, 11:35 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •