Difference Between Windows And Linux Hosting
    please clear all point about these hosting

Australian Cloud Provider CloudWired's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nehapl2015 View Post
    please clear all point about these hosting
    I'm surprised that being a web host yourself, you do not know the difference between these 2 types of web hosting.

Generally Linux is the preferred choice as it can be more efficient.
    The only circumstances in which you would use Windows are for running applications such as:
    ASP.NET, MSSQL, Ms Access, C# etc.

Many applications and websites require certain scripts or Apache module which can only run on Linux.
    There isn't really much else to it.

Difference Between Windows And Linux Hosting
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudWired View Post
    I'm surprised that being a web host yourself, you do not know the difference between these 2 types of web hosting.

The only circumstances in which you would use Windows are for running applications such as:

Many applications and websites require certain scripts or Apache module which can only run on Linux.

Don't be surprise in some time we don't know all points.
    Thanks for taking interest .

Post Windows Vs Linux Hosting - Main Difference
    The main difference is the operating system which is responsible for executing scripts and databases. In other words: Linux and Windows are using different script and database languages. Windows has a big advantage when you want to add special Windows applications to your website. Some of them are Active Server Pages (ASP), .NET script languages, Visual Basic or using Microsoft SQL databases (Access).

Windows and Linux hosting
    Hi
    Difference Windows and Linux Hosting
    windows support php mysql ms-sql database asp.net, Linux only php mysql does not support asp ms-sql, linux is more secure,

Windows Linux

HTML & Java Script yes yes
    FrontPage Extensions yes yes
    CGI/Perl Limited yes
    ASP yes Limited
    PHP Limited Yes
    ColdFusion yes yes
    Access Database yes yes

MySQL Database yes yes

first i am also confuse windows and linux hosting, after i found host website and search differece b/w windows and linux clearly understand give below link you get more information

https://www.onerupeehosting.com/prod...cloud_hosting/

Quote Originally Posted by Janci View Post
    The main difference is the operating system which is responsible for executing scripts and databases. In other words: Linux and Windows are using different script and database languages. Windows has a big advantage when you want to add special Windows applications to your website. Some of them are Active Server Pages (ASP), .NET script languages, Visual Basic or using Microsoft SQL databases (Access).

Thanks, well said. I agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by CloudWired View Post

I think this guy deserves a medal

Quote Originally Posted by newyweb View Post
    I think this guy deserves a medal
    really, this guy deserve medal ? He dont even know the basic difference

Linux and Windows are two different types of operating systems.

Linux is more secure than Windows. Linux also has more of the features web designers expect, so unless you have websites which need specific Windows applications, Linux is the preferred choice.

Windows applications which require a Windows server:
    ASP.NET
    MSSQL
    MS Access

One other difference is that Linux files are case-sensitive.
    Example:
    On a Linux server, aboutus.html and AboutUs.html are
    different names.

Quote Originally Posted by Janci View Post
    Windows applications which require a Windows server:
    ASP.NET
    MSSQL
    MS Access
    Not specifically just these. You can run Apache on Windows Servers along with PHP & MySQL but it's suggested that you run these servers on Linux servers rather then Windows.

The advantage to using Windows over Linux is that you can run PHP & MySQL on it while still being able to code in ASP.
    www.exigent.com.au :: sales@exigent.com.au :: 1300 252 080
    Cloud Hosting :: Elastic Servers :: Hosted Exchange & Desktops :: Dedicated Servers :: Colocation

Linux and Windows are two different types of operating systems. Linux is more secure and more efficient than Windows. Linux also has more of the features web designers expect, so unless you have websites which need specific Windows applications, Linux is the preferred choice.

One other difference is that Linux files are case-sensitive and Windows files are not.

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    Linux and Windows are two different types of operating systems. Linux is more secure and more efficient than Windows. Linux also has more of the features web designers expect, so unless you have websites which need specific Windows applications, Linux is the preferred choice.

One other difference is that Linux files are case-sensitive and Windows files are not.
    What a concise and straightforward explanation. Very helpful! I've been using Windows as I thought it's more secure and efficient. I never tried Linux.

Thanks Vince!

Recently moved to linux from Windows, although have not completely left windows but i should say has been an amazing experience. With the recent cyber attack my windows pc was affected but not the linux one. Much more secure than windows.

Quote Originally Posted by JackPa View Post
    Recently moved to linux from Windows, although have not completely left windows but i should say has been an amazing experience. With the recent cyber attack my windows pc was affected but not the linux one. Much more secure than windows.
    Yes, I've heard a lot of good feedback about Linux, like it's really more secure than Windows. I'm still using Windows though but will definitely try Linux.