Thread: New TLD's

Question New TLD's
    Hello,

I would like to know people thoughts on the new TLD's. Is it wise to say that it going to help business's promote if their business is in melbourne and they register a .melbourne domain ect ect.

Thanks

Acton Media Cloud & Web Hosting - Doing What's Right

Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Dedicated | Virtual Premium Servers
    http://www.actonmedia.com | hello@actonmedia.com | 1300 552 716

That seems to be the practice of the registrars.

Personally I don't think the cut through exists with the public. End users still get confused with domain.tv being domaintv.com or being told .net.au to end up at the .com.au

From an SEO perspective I have seen a handful rank well against their exact match but it's still early days. I would still want a .com/.com.au parked or as a sister site, unless of course you have total brand domination..which is even harder with an emd.

Your website showing :

This Account has been suspended.
    Contact your hosting provider for more information.

viaje a la india
    I don't have exact idea about it, But I also want to know about it.

It would be easy to remember for sure. For SEO I didn't see such TLDs ranking on 1st page in search engines though.

Good idea is to have such domain name and park it on a .com domain.

New TLDs
    I agree that its your choice what you name your children. I want to say you that you have to choose your choice baby name for your child. There are many online name dictionary available that provide many of new and unique name.

This kind of geo TLDs are wasting money, you should only focus on geo TLDs based on the country which is enough good for SEO.

Quote Originally Posted by SWH View Post
    This kind of geo TLDs are wasting money, you should only focus on geo TLDs based on the country which is enough good for SEO.
    Personally, I'd go with generic TLD. What do you think is better? gTLD or ccTLD? Or does it all go down to what you're targeting?

Quote Originally Posted by SubbotaCok View Post
    I agree that its your choice what you name your children. I want to say you that you have to choose your choice baby name for your child. There are many online name dictionary available that provide many of new and unique name.
    If it's just a name, there are so many lists to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by dimples01 View Post
    Personally, I'd go with generic TLD. What do you think is better? gTLD or ccTLD? Or does it all go down to what you're targeting?
    It's based on what kind of business and target. if its local business, then .com.au is better than .com

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by SWH View Post
    It's based on what kind of business and target. if its local business, then .com.au is better than .com
    Oh, I thought .com is better regardless if it's local or international business. Thank you for letting me know.