Speed and reliability?
    I am very confused on who i should register hosting and a domain with for a .com.au address.

From what i've read relentless hosting and nerdster and supposed are to be very good, but i'd appreciate any unbiased opinions.
    Speed/uptime/customer service are priorities. I used to be with bluehost for my .com and they were great but they don't do Autralia

Thanks

Registered Provider
    I always keep domains seperate to hosting. It is not a bad concept. I would get your .com away from bluehost asap as well.
    It is funny you are with bluehost. At one stage I was with hostgator... and right now they actually have the same owner. To cut a very long story slightly shorter, I had no idea what good hosting experience was until i moved to another provider. Moving from heavily overloaded servers, to a proper paid host, blew my mind. I had users in AU, UK, US, all happy with my site, once I moved to a proper US based host.

Unless you are on the NBN I highly doubt that you could tell if a website is hosted in Australia, vs hosted on a proper US based host. Hope I dont get flack for this comment, but most Aussies would not notice the difference between a site hosted in the US vs one in australia. BUT I bet, that you can tell the difference between a proper US based host, and a site hosted on bluehost.

Domains:
    I have/ had .com.au's with tppwholesale. But I find their layout ridiculous. A drunken monkey could have done a better layout. On that thought, someone find me a drunken monkey. But seriously, never had a problem with them. I dont think they sell direct to endusers, but its been like 4 years since i went through signup so i dont remember all the fine points. I do remember that it was worse then going through airport security to signup, but other then that, never had a problem with them.

I strongly dislike godaddy, but i either still have, or at least had domains with them. Just be careful to "untick" all the extra services they try to bundle with stuff. Like seriously, read the page twice before you click pay, or whatever. Trust me when I say that the "upsell is strong with this one". They were pricey, and I think alot of my renewal fees (for various domains) got absolutely crazy. They really are famous for low pricing when you join, and you have to sell your soul when its time to renew.

For domains, I personally use namecheap.com..... but they actually have a very bad connection to the Australian registrar. They are also expensive... especially for .com.au's as there is a currency conversion for us (aud to USD), then again for them (USD to AUD). Support there is fine, that is if you dont mind waiting a day for a reply.

But here is a warning. For any .com.au domain, they must be renewed NOT before it expires, but about a week before they expire. The date is kept secret, and there is no warning about it either.
    Namecheap (for example), once you miss the deadline to renew, even if the domain is still yours, it simply vanishes from your account. No warnings that it is dropped, no last minute warnings that it is about to drop, and no notification that it has dropped. It just vanishes.

Namecheap for a .com.au domain is not smart. BUT I do like the 2 factor authentication. The layout is pretty good, and they do support a good range of TLD's.

Use the above list however you choose.

Now for hosting.
    IMHO, stick to a cpanel provider. Find one that uses cloud linux. Find one with SSD drives in a raid array. Find one with backup and restoration options. Actually find hosts, and contact their support and ask them questions. Ask a few of them ->Dont just swipe right and jump on the first one you like.

Now if your domain is with one company, and hosting with another, then you can easily move hosts whenever you need to. Seriously, people do signup for discounts, trials, then move at the end of the period. Using cpanel, it really is easy to move around -> I am not encouraging this, but simply trying to say, that if you host somewhere, and you are not really happy with what you are getting, and what you were expecting, then it is a cinch to move.
    Last edited by Matt. L.; 15-03-2017 at 11:24 PM.
    Today is international no sig day

Registering a .com or a .com.au won't have an impact on speed if you hosted the service in Australia or in the United States, a TLD holds no bearing on that.

Bluehost is owned by EIG and you'd be reading a lot of negativity on them on Webhostingtalk.com itself, however, it really comes down to an individuals experience, if you were hosted with them then your service would definitely be based on a US server. I have an external VPS setup with ServInt for example and they are an excellent provider to work with though being the US I do see some latency issues between Australia and the United States, though in saying that it is not a big issue it's a few MS longer here or there compared to the servers we have in Sydney.

Latency plays a big part in the location game so the further away you are the longer it will take to send those packets through and for you to receive them back.

It is like living near your ADSL exchange the closer you're to it the faster your speeds, compare that to the furthest person away from it there may be a delay in the overall performance that they'd see in comparison.

Simply how the process works.
    Dedigeeks Pty Ltdsales [at] dedigeeks.com
    █ Litespeed • CloudLinux • Softaculous • Installatron • R1Soft • cPanel®
    SSD VPS • Reliable & Sustainable • Instant Setup • SSD Drives

Cool we are the best seo company in mumbai
    speed and reliability

Quote Originally Posted by dylan88 View Post
    I am very confused on who i should register hosting and a domain with for a .com.au address.

From what i've read relentless hosting and nerdster and supposed are to be very good, but i'd appreciate any unbiased opinions.
    Speed/uptime/customer service are priorities. I used to be with bluehost for my .com and they were great but they don't do Autralia

Thanks
    What is your budget?
    What kind of site are you planning on hosting?
    These questions will give me some kind of an idea as to what to suggest.
    CPK Web Services
    The one solution
    Get in touch www.cpkws.com.au/contact.php

If you’re primarily interested in targeting Australia, you should definitely go with a .com.au domain

Quote Originally Posted by dylan88 View Post

Thanks
    You can have a look the siteground

if your business Australia wide then use com.au other wise go for .com you can use .com for worldwide